We would like to thank everyone who participated in our Digital Debate at ITB Berlin 2014, and making this debate a great success! We were honoured to see so many people joining us before leaving ITB last Friday. Due to a great panel and intriguing questions that were discussed, we managed to fill a room with 400 people from destinations, to tourism businesses, professionals and students. The Think Tank Team was very pleased about seeing some old and new faces joining in our debate and tweeting along the discussion. A special Thank You to all our panelists for putting forward some great questions and sharing their knowledge and experiences with the industry:
- Charlie Ballard from TripAdvisor
- Gene Quinn from Tnooz
- Martin Stoll from Sparkloft Media
- Hans Petter Aalmo from Visit Norway
- Sofia Caresten from Visit Stockholm
- Claudia Capelli from Bologna Welcome
During the debate we asked our industry experts to put forward burning questions or concerns about key issues in digital marketing that are currently colouring the industry. We also invited a selection of DMOs to the panel who shared their experiences accordingly and this led to a highly interactive and insightful debate. The following questions were being discussed:
- If you had access to unlimited data about your prospective customers’ travel history and preferences, what’s the very first piece of knowledge you’d want to acquire… and what’s the first way you’d take action on it?
- How do publicly-subsidized destination marketing organisations move from a role of brokering marketing funds collected as taxes on visitors (and other subsidies) to a new role as essential marketing partners for the businesses they represent in the global Digital Travel Economy?
- Why are DMOs so focused on their own social channels instead of focusing on getting travelers to tell the story of their destination?
- Who will be our customers in the future? Many DMOs and NTOs have built their own booking systems and struggle to keep up with competition. Should we compete with or join the OTAs?
Join us to continue the discussion in the coming months at one of our events and/or through our Twitter channel.
Discussioncomments powered by Disqus
More from #DTTT
In May we present:Meet…Kevin Wright from Travel Oregon
In a world of always-on content, information overload and the ever-changing digital consumer, how do you stand out from the competition and most importantly, reach your audience? Kevin Wright, Vice President of Global Marketing for Travel Oregon will be joining us at #DTTTCampus in June to talk about Reflecting on the Role of Content to […]
In May we present:Meet…Gloria Loree from Destination Canada
We caught up with Gloria from Destination Canada ahead of #DTTTCampus to get a sneak peek into what we can expect from her talk on Designing Signature Experiences to Build Brand and Narrative.#brand experiences #destination canada #brand narrative #brand stories
In May we present:Meet…Daniel Bury VR Filmmaker
Daniel Bury is one of the youngest & most up and coming creators in the world of VR film-making, travelling the world to create immersive experiences through unique 360 and VR storytelling.#VR experiences #virtual reality experiences #daniel bury #filmmaker #dtttcampus #virtual reality #Vr
In May we present:5 Reasons Why to Visit #DTTTCampus 2019
In short, #DTTTCampus is a full exploration into the destination experience, with valuable insights on navigating the digital landscape and the ever-changing consumer behaviour of travellers today.#dttt campus #keynote speakers #workshops #destination experience #oslo #destination marketing #Visit Oslo
In May we present:Meet…Paul Kubalek – Digital Media Manager at Saalbach Hinterglemm
Paul will be joining us at #DTTTCampus alongside a panel of other DMOs to talk about working with influencers, the story behind the ‘Storybase’ campaign and the kind of results they’ve seen since this campaign began.#influencer experiences #storybase #influencer marketing #influencer
In May we present:Meet…the digital team of VisitOSLO
This year’s #DTTTCampus is just over a month away and we’re getting excited to mingle with the industry’s best DMO experts in Oslo. As our host city, we wanted to catch up with VisitOSLO’s digital team; Widar Pastoor, Creative Project Manager and Kjersti Stensrud, Editor and Content Manager.#oslo #dtttcampus ##VisitOslo #AR #augmented reality #technology