Graduate Career Programme
With our Graduate Career Programme you will have the professional backbone to turn your academic achievements into actionable research, analysis, insight and strategy, meeting the changing needs of today’s tourism industry. Working as a key part of a high-spirited and motivated team, you will get the support you need to develop your skills and expertise as a professional consultant.This is what you can expect from the 12 month programme:
- Harness your expertise – head straight from academia into business and make real sense of theory by developing your outstanding academic research further by applying it to real use case scenarios in front of an influential tourism industry audience.
- Develop as a Consultant – your expertise and talent will be recognised by our team who will help you to channel your knowledge into meaningful research and strategies. You’ll have the opportunity to work as a Junior Consultant on exciting projects within the team and play a key part in delivering cutting edge research and strategic change in travel.
- Unrivalled Industry Exposure – as the leading tourism industry platform for knowledge sharing, best practices, keynote talks and thought leadership in digital, you’ll get exposure to the tourism industry that no other company can offer. We strongly believe in empowering talent and we do this by getting you out there.
- Attend and Make Flagship Events – we’re at every important event event taking place in tourism and we’re running the very best of them. Learn, get inspired and broaden your knowledge by being part of a busy on-the-road team which never stops learning.
- Empower you to Lead – as a small business we put talent right at the front and empower each person in the company to develop their leadership skills. Whether it’s taking a project and delivering it successfully on standing on stage and inspiring others to act, you will be encouraged to become a leader.
If you’re highly analytical, passionate about digital, transformation and tourism, this role is for you. We’re looking for a Digital Researcher to join the #DTTT’s team and strongly support and develop the Launchpad programme. The Launchpad is a unique membership programme only for destination marketing organisations. The programme provides DMOs a wide range of cases studies, insights, talks and virtual meet-ups sessions. There is a real opportunity for the right candidate to develop their knowledge and expertise and springboard your career.
• Learn and build a solid understanding of the latest digital trends and current macro trends in the tourism industry
• Develop knowledge on current social trends
• Develop knowledge on how to make recommendations based on market and demographic characteristics
• Ability to conduct market research, blog posts, templates
• Develop knowledge of e-mail marketing
• Benchmarking digital performance of destination brands
• Self-reliant in preparing documents to final draft, formatting and visual presentation
• Rigorous planner and comfortable structuring projects, timeframes and deliverables
• Supporting customer relationships and engaging with the Launchpad community
• Supporting the organisation and planning of the Circles, the virtual meet-up of the Launchpad community
• Excellent presentation skills and experience delivering Powerpoints or Keynotes
• Written English is second to none, knowledge of other languages is an asset
• Love using a mac, or love to learn 😉
The Right Candidate
This job is designed to springboard your career to the next level with a unique development plan that will allow you to realise your potential faster, working amongst the tourism industry’s leading experts, destinations and brands.
As a Digital Researcher, you’ll be expected to support and strengthen the Launchpad programme, with the support of the Programmes Director. You’ll be expected to provide detailed analysis of how destinations are performing in digital, produce industry reports, blog posts, newsletters and templates.