Collaboration is a fundamental step in developing an attractive and competitive destination and together with Göteborg & Co and Gram Malmö, Sweden's first package-free and zero-waste grocery store, this workshop will look at designing a framework for a sustainable destination from two different perspectives.
All you need to know for this workshop
Who is it for?
- Sustainability Strategists, who want to know how to effectively collaborate with local partners, to revolutionise their destination in a sustainable manner.
-Introduction & inspirations
-Pitch and debrief
We take the “Three Aspects of Sustainability”
1. Ecological Perspective how to rethink the very fabric of the destination experience to have minimal impact or even positive impact on the environment, where all consumers are empowered with 'choice'.
2. Growth Perspective spread the value of tourism consumption, address over-tourism, target low-season and under-tourism
3. Social & Inclusivity Perspective ensuring tourism is used as a force for good, whether it's promoting equality of all forms or ensuring more people see the value of tourism.
• Long Term View [20 Years] "What's achievable now"
• Short Term View [1-3 Years] "What's possible to do now"
•Trails and experiences
•How to effectively market and communicate sustainability as part of conscious destination branding